- Do you think of volcanoes rising hurriedly from the seas to the skies?
- Do you imagine whimsical color-changing lakes sheltering tales of dead ancestors, wandering spirits, and local lore?
- Do you think of baby Komodo Dragons scurrying for cover from their hungry mothers?
- Do you imagine ever-blossoming smiles in this country often considered the happiest in the world?
- Know about ancient animist cultures still thriving in these islandsExplore stunning yet remote landscapes
- Enjoy hilarious moments as you join the author and his fiancé interacting with the locals
- See the amazing photographs from this trip that were selected for solo exhibition at the National Library and the Arts House, Singapore
- Help contribute to allay poverty in these islands; all royalties from this book are donated to Ayo Indonesia and Yayasan Harapan Sumba (YHS), two not-for-profits organizations in Flores and Sumba respectively.
Shivaji Das was born and brought up in the north-eastern province of Assam in India. He graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, subsequent to which he completed his post-graduation from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta.
He is presently working as a management consultant in Singapore. Shivaji’s writings have been published in various magazines such as Time, Venture Mag, Hack Writers. He has also given several talks on the subject of Flores and Sumba in Singapore, China, Indonesia and Brazil where he was hosted by the Ambassador of Indonesia to Brazil.
Besides travelling, Shivaji also takes an active interest in migrant issues and eradication of underage poverty and is associated with Singapore based organization Transient Workers Count Too (TWC2).